EdSurge is the leading publication in the education technology space, helping hundreds of thousands of educators, technologists, funders, etc make sense of the complex world of technology and education.
- Founded company with journalist
- Built comprehensive Product Index of all education technology products
- Built Content Management System for personalized news and information service
- Created all design & branding
- Fundraising (Washington Post, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, etc)
- Management (strategy, fundraising, marketing, hiring, etc)
- Leading resource for edtech product information on the web
- Contains ~2500 products and 1000s of teacher reviews
- IA organized as a market map according to various use cases across education
- Search & filtering system
- Deep linkages in CMS to other content in news and wiki
- Reviews sourced from in-person events
My favorite piece of feedback after the EdTech Index launched:
Pardon my French, but this is fucking awesome. Honestly, this is one of the best looking, most intuitively navigable, and most useful tools I have ever seen in any context. This makes the daunting world of edapps completely digestible. Phenomenal. Job.
Jeremy Smith, SVP Second Market